With the passage of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9994, otherwise known as ‘Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010’, starting October 2010 the Lupon Water District (LWD) has implemented the grant of discount privilege to the elderly or senior citizens on utilization of water provided by the water utility.
Individual Household Application for Senior Citizen Discount Privilege
The senior citizen or duly authorized representative must register to the LWD office to avail of the special discount. The requirements for an individual household are as follows:
- Proof of Identity (OSCA ID)
- Proof of Account Registration (LWD Water Bill)
- Proof of Residency (Barangay Certification)
- Authorization of Representative
Specific Terms and Conditions in the grant of 5% Senior Citizen Discount Privilege:
- Water meter should be registered in the name of the senior citizen residing therein for a period of one (1) year.
- Discount privilege of Five Percent (5%) is applicable only on the month/s when water consumption does not exceed 30 cubic meters;
- Discount privilege has a validity of one (1) year, subject to re-application/renewal;
- Discount privilege is discontinued and reverted to its original scheme if not re-applied/renewed;
- In case of death, discount privilege is discontinued;
- Discount privilege is discontinued for any violation of district policies and shall not be excused from imposition of penalty